Monday, July 8, 2013

DIY Make-Up Brush Holder

So for a few weeks now I have had an empty glass candle container. Knowing what I wanted to do with it was easy. But finding everything I needed was not. So heres what I did, the break down, and how you can do it too!

Bath and Body Works was having a huge sale with 50% off some of their 3 wick candles. So I bought a few.... or more. Now it doesnt have to be a BBW candle. You can purchase any size you like that fits your preference from any drugstore, ie: Walmart, Meijer, Walgreen, Rite-Aid, Dollar Store, etc. I first spent my time just burning my candle over a course of time. No hurry at all since at the time I had no idea this is what I would be using it for! Once the wax was almost completely gone I threw it in the freezer for about 4 hours to easily get the excess wax out. It usually comes out in one big chunk this way. After the wax is out I washed the container with soap and water and removed all labels and stickers.


Today I just happened to be doing absolutely nothing and decided to take my dog for a ride and check my po box. Since Dollar General was right new my post office I decided to go in for no particular reason. I was literally almost done shopping (an hour later lol poor dog) when I came across this coarse white sand. It actually seems like its crushed up seashells or very small, fine rock. Wishing it was in a different color, like pink or blue, but beggers cant be choosers ya know? That light bulb popped in my head! I was thinking "THIS WILL BE PERFECT!" Even better, it was one $1!!!!!!!! WIN!!!


When I got home, I recorded a video of all the goodies i got from the day, just to brag that I only spent $20 total and got TONS of stuff from 2 different stores! And I know how everyone loves my haul videos!! So right after my video I went straight to work! Grabbed my empty candle container, grabbed my sand, barley containing myself that I had such an ingenious Idea!! (Just Kidding!) So I poured slightly more than half the sand filler into my empty glass candle container, grabbed all my E.L.F. Professionals make-up brushes (MY FAVES) and stuck them all into the sand as desired! And Waaaalaaaaa!!! Finished!!


I am so freakin ecstatic that this worked out so well!! I am having a super proud moment that this costs less then $5 to make depending on where you buy the candle or glass jar! It only took 2 items that were super cheap to make something that looks so neat, organized, and amazing! I hope you all enjoy and have fun making your own!! If you do make one PLEASE!!!! Send me photos! Everyone is creative in their own way and I love to see everyones individuality!!


No comments:

Post a Comment